What does a writer need? Apart from words of course. And apart from the fact that the need to write is the dominant passion that regulates his or her life. That the need to express unsaid words and sentiments is perhaps the elixir that keeps him or her alive and breathing with a throbbing heart and a tempestuous soul.
For someone like me who loves spending her time away from the world it can mean certain things. For other writers, who love being a part of this large and animated world it could mean other things. Since I can only speak for myself, let me scribble down a list of my favorite things. Things that keep the writer in me alive and ticking….
- Peace (both internal and external, the former being easier to achieve than the latter)
- Less work (because daily duties and responsibilities can often make the effervescent soul a tad bit dull)
- Silence (now this is something that is difficult to achieve in this modern world, but we must strive to capture its elusive nature)
- The right tools (this may include the small notebook that you may carry around at all times or the pen and paper kept beside your bed or the laptop that you may carry around in a portable case)
- Nature (without her support all creation is worthless)
- Introversion (this one is what I call the superpower of a writer since extroverts seldom venture into the world of the written word)
- A soul full of love and compassion (without imagination and empathy it is difficult to traverse this less trodden path)
- An Indomitable spirit (without the last one everything else would fall flat on its face)
So much for now. Wishing everyone a happy and peaceful weekend !
Au revoir !